NGINX Unit is a dynamic web application server, designed to run applications in multiple languages. Unit is lightweight, polyglot, and dynamically configured via API. The design of the server allows reconfiguration of specific application parameters as needed by the engineering or operations.
NGINX Unit is currently available as a beta. As such, it is suitable for use in a testing environment, but is not recommended for use in production.
The sources are distributed under the Apache 2.0 license.
– Fully dynamic reconfiguration using RESTful JSON API
– Multiple application languages and versions can run simultaneously
– Dynamic application processes management (coming soon)
– TLS support (coming soon)
– TCP, HTTP, HTTPS, HTTP/2 routing and proxying (coming soon)
Supported Application Languages
– Java (coming soon)
– Ruby (coming soon)
Official page: NGINX Unit